Saturday, December 8, 2012

Winter Mosquitoes


A few weeks ago, someone told me that the mosquitoes were worse in the winter. I had a hard time believing them because at the time, I had gone two or three days without a bite and it was great. I guess that was calm before the storm. I do not know if the summer and winter mosquitoes are different breeds or if the mosquitoes bulk up for winter but whatever happens, they are very different. These mosquitoes do not rely on stealth to get you, they come in vast numbers, they are huge and it seems they are immune to bug spray. These mosquitoes are more like the Minnesota mosquitoes that I am used to. I can hunt them and kill them, they are more active around dusk and they are annoying. I am covered in bites. At the latest count, I have 25 bites on my left foot / ankle, and about 15 on the right. I have no idea why the left is more popular. There are about a dozen bites spread between both hands and arms. The rest of my family, who wears less bug spray, has only one or two total. I must taste really good. Perhaps being pregnant makes my blood sweeter. My facebook friends have been very helpful in offering suggestions and I am giving each its fair chance. So far, no luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment